- Host Family
The Andover ABC RESIDENT DIRECTOR is the managing director of a house/dorm facility located in downtown Andover and is responsible for managing a staff of 2 Resident Assistants and ensuring the academic and personal growth and well-being of 8 – 10 female teenagers who attend Andover High School. The position reports to the President of the Andover A Better Chance organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The day to day supervision of female scholars as well as the staff
- Overseeing the students’ chores related to day to day upkeep of the house.
- Assisting students in establishing personal goals consistent with the program responsibilities.
- Creating a supportive family environment
- Interacting with parents of students, Andover Host Families, Andover ABC Board of Directors. Andover High School staff and other interested persons in the community.
- Free room and board
- Off –duty during school hours, school vacations, summers, holidays and most weekends ( the Resident Director may hold a job or attend school during off hours)
- 3 bedroom apartment, board of four dinners a week prepared by a cook, and utilities
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of minority teens.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a style and warmth that creates a good rapport with teens.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree and a track record of demonstrated success working with high school talented youth (preferably female students).
- Foster an environment of academic achievement
- Be able to work productively with Board members, host families, scholars’ families, house staff and high school personnel
- Be a married couple (preferred) or individual that is well organized, energetic and flexible
To apply please send a resume to:
Andover A Better Chance
PO Box 212
Andover, MA 01810